Friday, June 24, 2011

Czechin' out Prague and South Bohemia

I couldn't help the lame pun...
But talk about a great trip. I didn't really have any expectations because I had no prior impressions about the Czech Republic. Everyone kept telling me I would love Prague, but that didn't really tell me any more about what to expect. So when we finally arrived in the city after a night-long ride in a bus and started passing pretty average - slightly on the poor side - I wasn't really impressed. I wasn't disappointed either - it reminded me of Greek cities which weren't that pretty but were still very interesting. Then we continued out of the outskirts of town and into real Prague - gorgeous, impressively so, filled with interesting architecture and fascinating history.
After an extremely enjoyable stay and then a 180 km detour (we got lost going to South Bohemia), we visited a couple charming towns and I enjoyed myself just as much. This was honestly one of my favorite trips.